Try this blini recipe with a twist!
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup milk
- 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp Chives minced
- 2 tbsp Dill minced
- 6 quail eggs
- Place quail eggs in cold water and bring to a boil. Once water boils, turn off heat, cover and let sit for 3-4 minutes. Run cold water over cooked eggs and set aside.
- Beat eggs in large bowl, stir in buttermilk and milk. Sift together flour, baking powder and salt, add to buttermilk mixture and mix well. Let batter rest 15-20 minutes. Preheat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat. Coat surface with butter then add one-two tablespoons of batter to the pan as many times as the space allows. Cook until a few bubbles appear and the edges of blini begin to look cooked. Turn blinis and cook on the other side until lightly browned and cooked through.
- To make stacks, place one blini on a plate, top with a small piece of smoked salmon and repeat two more times to have a stack of three blinis topped with smoked salmon. Top the smoked salmon with creme fraiche and microgreens.
- Cut quail egg in half. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve alongside the blini.