Avocado fries provide the perfect balance of cream and crunch. Check out the recipe below.
- Canola oil for frying
- 1/4 cup flour
- About 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 large eggs, beaten to blend
- 1 1/4 cups panko
- 2 firm-ripe medium avocados, pitted, peeled, and sliced into 1/2-in. wedges
- Preheat oven to 200°. In a medium saucepan, heat 1 1/2 in. oil until it registers 375° on a deep-fry thermometer.
- Meanwhile, mix flour with 1/4 tsp. salt in a shallow plate. Put eggs and panko in separate shallow plates. Dip avocado in flour, shaking off excess. Dip in egg, then panko to coat. Set on 2 plates in a single layer.
- Fry a quarter of avocado slices at a time until deep golden, 30 to 60 seconds. Transfer slices to a plate lined with paper towels. Keep warm in oven while cooking remaining avocados. Sprinkle with salt to taste.